REPORTING TO: SRN, CNM, Director of Nursing
The post holder will be responsible for identifying needs, planning, organising, and implementing activities for all residents in the Home, at various times during the day, based on their assessments.
There will be times when additional hours may be required in order to facilitate outings and events, in the main the normal working hours will change to accommodate this; however a flexible approach will be adopted in order that residents receive the greatest advantage.
To develop monthly calendar of events, in consultation with residents that are relevant and appropriate. This event calendar to be presented to the Director of Nursing two weeks prior to its implementation.
The candidate must display excellent interpersonal and communication skills and interactiveness with residents, families and co-workers.
- Be innovative and creative in programme development.
- To meet with community and volunteer groups and the ability to encourage their involvement in our service
- To work on their own initiative
- Have good knowledge of Information Technology and need assessment tools.
- The ability to create a stimulating environment to enhance the quality of life for each resident within the care facility.
- To identify needs, plan, organise and implement activities for residents both individually and in groups
- To plan and organise an activities programme that will maintain interest and progression over a period of time and relevant to season
- To assist and support carers in developing activity and carrying out care duties
- To plan and organise external outings with appropriate transport
- Minimum FETAC level 5 in Health Care related studies
- Satisfactory Garda Clearance
- Two written satisfactory references one of which must be from most recent employer
- Computer skills
- Qualified Sonas practitioner
- Experience of working with the relevant Client group